Simple to make – Yummy – And who doesn’t love Pizza??!
This is a comfort food W I N 🙌🏼 Minus the grease and bloating that comes with (most) pizza eating.
– The largest cauliflower head you can find (or 2 medium) – cut to bite size florets
– 2 cups of *no sugar added* marinara or pasta sauce of your liking
– ¼ Himalaya pink salt
– I cup of shredded mozzarella (I used a #dairyfree coconut oil base cheez)
– Protein of choice – sliced thin (I used a package of tempeh) if you use meat like chicken make sure to pre-cooked thoroughly before hand)
– 1 Tbsp dried oregano
– 1 Tbsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp chili flakes
– Cilantro flakes (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, add cauliflower along with sauce, garlic powder, oregano and chili. Mix until all cauliflower is covered in sauce and seasoning, then add salt and sprinkle cilantro flakes as desired – mix again.
Place half the cauliflower into your slow cooker and top with half of the mozzarella and half protein.
Add the rest of the cauliflower, then add other half of mozzarella and protein.
Cook on low for 5 hours OR high for 3 hours.
Personal side note: 15 minutes before it was done I took out the top layer of tempeh and grilled on a pan with a few drops on oil. Bringing each side to a light crisp and placing back into slow cooker – turn the cooker off and let sit about 10 minutes.
Makes 6-8 servings